Ever since I bought the jars of Lotus Cookie Butter Spread, I have been thinking of ways to use it to make desserts. I did a Google search and came across a recipe for Cookie Butter Cups. There were so many different recipes of Cookie Butter Chocolate Cups and I ended up choosing one that was miniature sized. I thought that making big Cookie Butter Chocolate Cups would be too sweet.
I got so excited to make the Cookie Butter Chocolate Cups that I immediately went to the shops and went looking to buy mini foil cups and luckily I found some at Daiso. Luckily I did not have to buy any chocolate, because I had a huge bag of Cacao Barry Chocolate that I bought from the Cake, Bake and Sweets Show still left over in the pantry .
The Mini Cookie Butter Chocolate Cups were pretty straight forward to make, they were only quite fiddly to make because the cups are so small. I ended up making 30 Mini Cookie Cups and I tried my best not to eat them before they were set.
The Mini Cookie Butter Chocolate Cups ended up tasting so good, the combination worked really well and I did not think they tasted too sweet. The Mini Cookie Butter Chocolate Cups were so addictive, I had trouble trying not to eat all them.
Now that I have managed to make these Mini Cookie Butter Chocolate Cups, I might try to make chocolate cups with different fillings. These chocolate cups were so easy to make that I do not think I will ever buy Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups ever again!
Mini Cookie Butter Chocolate Cups Recipe
(adapted from http://www.thegunnysack.com)
Approximately 2 cups of milk or dark chocolate melts
1 Jar of Cookie Butter (or Speculoos)
Packet of mini foil cups
- Melt the chocolate in two lots in the microwave on 50% power in two 40 seconds burst. I melted half the chocolate first and the rest later.
- Using a knife spread the melted chocolate on the sides of the mini foil cups.Allow the chocolate to harden.
- Re-coat the sides with the chocolate and also spread the chocolate onto the bottom of the mini foil cup. Allow the chocolate to harden.
- Add the cookie butter spread to the centre of each cup with a knife, smoothing it out on the top.
- Using a knife, drizzle the chocolate onto the top and smooth the chocolate.
- Wait until the chocolate hardens. Once the chocolate has hardened, peel away the foil cup to eat or wrap to save.