Once again I am on the fudge bandwagon, I found three bags of nearly overdue Nestlé Caramel Bits in the pantry, so I thought I would experiment with them to make Salted Caramel Fudge.
To make the Salted Caramel Fudge I used the same method as the Chocolate Fudge recipe that I posted previously, but instead I used Caramel Bits instead of Chocolate.
The Salted Caramel Fudge was just as easy to make as the Chocolate Fudge, the only difference was that the caramel mixture need more stirring than the chocolate mixture.
Two hours later the Salted Caramel Fudge was ready.
The Salted Caramel Fudge tasted really nice, it had a nice milky slightly salty caramel taste. Just like the Chocolate Fudge, the Salted Caramel Fudge also melted in your mouth, I was quite impressed that it worked out.
Hmm… what fudge flavour should I make next?
Salted Caramel Fudge Recipe
3 cups of Nestlé Caramel Bits
1 can of Nestlé Condensed Milk
56 grams of butter
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
1. Line a square dish or baking tin with foil
2. Melt the Caramel bits, condensed milk and butter in the microwave for 1 minute.
3. Stir the ingredients together until ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
4. Stir in the vanilla essence .
5. Pour the fudge mixture into the pan and smooth the top with a knife.
6. Using a salt grinder, grind the salt evenly onto the top of the fudge.
7. Refrigerate the fudge for two hours.
8. After two hours cut and serve the fudge,