A few years ago I went through a phase of being crazy about baking with green tea matcha powder, I used to use it to make cupcakes and to mix it with ice cream. Since I was pregnant last year, I had decided to cut out caffeine and did not use green tea matcha powder any more. This week I decided that I would buy some green tea matcha powder and do some experimenting to see what I could make.
The first idea that I came up with was to make green tea matcha fudge. I figured that this would be the easiest thing to start off with. I ended up using the easy fudge recipe that I usually use, but instead I added green tea matcha powder.
The green tea matcha fudge did not take very long to make and was ready in 2 hours.
The green tea matcha fudge tasted really nice, the fudge was creamy and was moreish. The green tea matcha fudge did not bitter because I carefully added green tea matcha powder bit by bit before I got the consistency right.
What should I make next using green tea matcha powder?
Green Tea Matcha Fudge Recipe
3 and 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips
1 can of Nestlé Condensed Milk
50 grams of butter
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
Approximately 2 tablespoons of green tea matcha powder (add more or less depending on your tastes)
1. Line a square dish or baking tin with foil
2. Melt the white chocolate chips, condensed milk and butter in the microwave for 1 minute and 10 seconds.
3. Stir the ingredients together until ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
4. Stir in the vanilla essence .
5. Pour the fudge mixture into the pan and smooth the top with a knife.
6. Using a salt grinder, grind the salt evenly onto the top of the fudge.
7. Refrigerate the fudge for two hours.
8. After two hours cut and serve the fudge.